Friday, January 28, 2011

Better than Fine


The best part about it being 2011 is that Fiona Apple's next album has been confirmed to come out in the Spring. Just another 6 year hiatus from Fiona but lets face it, her albums are worth the wait. I would say she is one of the best lyricists of our time. The genius that comes from that woman's mouth is nearly unmatched. I saw her 10 years after her first album came out - 10 YEARS! That's a long time that she was playing these songs but what was awesome was she performed them like she wrote them yesterday, like the experiences that inspired those songs had just happened. What a gift. Every couple of months I find myself spending hours perusing the internet looking for any interviews new or old the woman has done. Probably not a great use of time but she is so fascinating. Gosh I just adore her. Yes, it's been decided, she's just moved into my number one female spot. Sorry Jenny, you're gonna need to make some changes and step it up before you once again become a contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment