Friday, April 30, 2010

Marriage comes but once a year


Well we did it. Although plans to change my last name aren't exactly in the near-future works. I'm just too busy (sarcasm?). I think this union really was meant to be and that was made manifest by the lucky break in weather. If you get a rainless day in April in Oregon, things are headed in the right direction. If you get a rainless day with breaks of sunshine? Well just go with it cause there could not possibly be any other option. I've heard a lot of people say how long the wedding day can be and that it's great but you are so tired by the end and you are kinda ready for it to be over. But I felt like it couldn't be long enough. It turned out exactly how I'd hoped and I couldn't have asked for more. It was incredible having so many friends and family be there, it really made the whole experience. I'm not gonna go into too much blah blah blahing but it was the best day followed by the best week, thank you Kauai. Although there was one day during the 'moon where John beat me in tennis and that turned into a very dark day. Marriage can be very hard sometimes. I'm not going to turn this into a cheese-fest but the right guy, the right place, the right time, with the right people there to support you easily made me confident in one of the best things I have ever done with my life. Throw in an old barn in the middle of a forest, a first dance I didn't think would happen, and sustained dancing at a MORMON WEDDING(!) into the mix and you end up with complete perfection. To everyone, to my mother, thank you for helping to turn this happiness into eternal freaking joy.

3 comments:

  1. Way to follow through. So happy to have been there--even if your foot was tap tap tapping.

    Now figure out where to post some pictures I can see. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a happy gathering. To the wedded ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm catching up on your hilarious blogging goodness and i must second that this union is meant to be. loved the wedding. love this couple. yep. congrats.

    ReplyDelete